Fifteen years of treating acne with almost every available topical and oral solutions, and using different treatments without success, forced me to search for a direct cause of acne.
My facts and conclusions:
1. Hormones are chemical substances, which regulate ALL functions in human body (they tell organs and cells what to do)
2. In the human body there exists various hormones, but for acne, we are interested in testosterone (androgen)
3. The most active androgens are testosterone, precisely 5-testosterone (DHT) and they control SEBUM production. Too much of Sebum leads to acne formation. Why we have no acne before puberty? Simply because testosterone formation begins in puberty.
4. Other hormones can also aggravate acne, but they are not direct cause. Example: Stressful situations, when our body produce hormone called glucocorticosteroids.
5. The DIRECT cause of Acne is not: food, stress, poor hygiene, vitamins and bacteria on our skin. Bacteria is just last player in our story. Even hormones are not a direct cause.
The direct cause of Acne is HORMONAL IMBALANCE in the first place, and toxins in our body in the second place.
This is my list of main acne causes:
Complex Mix of causes of Prostaglandin insufficiency > insufficiency of Prostaglandins > Hormonal imbalance > Liver can not remove all those hormones and send it to the skin > Acne
As you can see, liver health is very important.
What the hell is prostaglandin, you ask? The messengers, or communicators between the cells and the hormones are called Prostaglandins and without them there will be no communication between the cells and your hormones. When there is no communication, hormones will be out of balance. Prostaglandins are biochemicals that communicate with hormones and cells and trigger cells into action.
Prostaglandins work inside the cells and help regulate the function of cells and organs through the communication of cells and hormones. Prostaglandins make sure your androgen hormones are in balance, as they regulate your hormones so that just the right amount of sebum will be produced by your skin oil glands and thus prevent excess amounts of sebum production that leads to acne.
6. Why there is no sufficient number of prostaglandins in our bodies? Because we have no enough of GLA- gamma-linnolenic acid, which is main precursor of prostaglandins. GLA is a special fatty acid from which the body can produce Prostaglandins. GLA is made from LA-Linolenic Acid, which we take through the various food. Main problem is inability of our body to convert LA to GLA, because of stress. Bad habits, foods, alcohol, lack of vitamins etc. (if we have no enough GLA, our body can not produce prostaglandins, which regulate hormones).
7. What’s happening when we are out of prostaglandins? Hormonal imbalance! If there is an over-load of hormones in your body, the liver can have problems removing them. Liver sends overbalanced hormones our skin in form of ACNE! So, Strong Liver is a must for all acne sufferers!
8. So, what is the final solution for Acne?
Answer is Restoration of Hormonal balance and making your liver stronger. This can not be done with topical and oral drugs. It can be done with HERBS and their extracts in form of tablets. GLA is main ingredient of Omega 6 fatty acid. It is best absorbed together with other fatty acids EPA and DHA.
Source Naturals ArcticPure EFA Fish Oil Contains: Essential fatty acids EPA, DHA, and GLA
Evening primrose oil is an oil rich in essential fatty acids, polyunsaturated fats that are as essential as vitamins and minerals for the maintenance of good health. The oil contains 74 percent linolenic acid (LA) and 8-10 percent gamma linolenic acid (GLA). Although other oils such as borage oil and black currant oil contain higher amounts of GLA, evening primrose oil is by far the most popular and familiar source of this fatty acid.
Some herbs make your liver stronger. Milk Thistle is best known.